Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

I am 23 4' 10" and a 34DD and my back has been hurting for years.


I am 23 4' 10" and a 34DD and my back has been hurting for years should I consider a reduction?



Consider discussing this issue with your Gynecologist or Primary Care practitioner. Ask for a referral to a member of the ASAPS in your area. They will be able to assist you with this matter. You sound like a good candidate for a Breast Reduction. Best,


Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS


Yes, you may consider a breast reduction.  Is your pain in the upper or lower back?  Lower back pain is not usually helped by breast reduction.  Do you have any other symptoms that your breasts might be causing?  Your insurance company may pay for part of the breast reduction.  You should probably look at photos of scars and consider the risks of nipple numbness and breast feeding difficulty.  A plastic surgeon can help you sort out the pros and cons of this procedure.  Both patient and surgeon are usually pleased with the outcome.   

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.