Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

I had abdominal surgery after a traumatic event. What can I do to strengthen my ab muscles?


After experiencing a gunshot wound to the abdomen, I find my abdominal muscles to be very weak and I now have an abdominal pouch. I do not drink. I am A 32 y/o male who until that traumatic event of 12/2012 has been without any health issues. The appearance of my abdomen has taken away from my confidence. What can I do? Do I need abdominal exercises or surgery? I am unemployed.


You need a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon after review of the original injury and the surgical procedure as well as an evaluation if you have a muscle problem or a hernia problem.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.