Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Double chin-liposuction


How do I find a surgeon who specializes in fixing a double chin?


Correcting the double chin is within the domain of a board certified plastic surgeon, and a member of the American society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

They are the only surgeons qualified and trained to deal with all aspects of the double chin. This could be liposuction , in some cases the fat is under the platysma muscle then that has to be removed, sometimes it is the combination of these procedures.


Correcting a double chin is the per view of the surgeon who specializes in facial rejuvenation, as the neck is generally considered part of the face.  The easiest way to identify someone is to use this site and look to see if facial rejuvenation is one of their specialties.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.