Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Are there certain surgeons who specialize in children's procedures? We are thinking...


Are there certain surgeons who specialize in children's procedures? We are thinking of having our son's ears done but want to find someone who is familiar with children's needs and the procedure as well as anesthesia. How do we find a person who specializes in this area?


There is a subspecialty of pediatric plastic surgery in which some fully trained plastic surgeons have taken additional training. You may want to inquire about this. There are also a number of plastic surgeons that have special interest and expertise in treating pediatric patients and their related plastic surgery problems.

On the other hand, I can reassure you that this is a very standard and routine operation performed well by virtually every board-certified ASAPS-Member plastic surgeon. What I would confirm initially is that your plastic surgeon performs this operation and likes to treat children. Then I would meet with the surgeon and find our what type of operation and techniques are recommended and why. Take your son or daughter with you to meet the surgeon, so that you can see how the doctor relates to your child.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.