Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Can an eyelid sagging over a glass eye be fixed?


I was hurt as a small child and I have had a glass eye since then. As I have gotten older, my eyelid has started sagging over the eye. I would like to get the eyelid fixed. Is there anything that can be done?



 Photographs would be helpful however, the answer is normally YES. An adjustment of the upper lid to better fit your artificial eye is possible. Consider a consult with a local ASAPS member that specializes in Occuloplastic surgery for upper eyelid ptosis (lazy or sagging upper eye lid). Here is a link of this type of surgery ( ). Best,


Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS


There re a number of things that can be done to correct problems with artificial eyes. Some of these involve remaking the eye. Occasionally as you grow the tissues fit differently and the eye itself has to be adjusted to fit your orbit. If this is not the problem, then the surgical solution will depend on the cause of the problem. If the problem is truly droop of the lid, then a ptosis procedure would be what you need. Make sure you pick a plastic surgeon or ophthalmic plastic surgeon with experience with artificial eyes as the treatment is different than with normal eyes. 

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.