Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

My left eye droops badly when I get tired, but is fine most other times.  Is it...


My left eye droops badly when I get tired, but is fine most other times.  Is it possible to correct since it isn't a problem all the time?  If so, what type of procedure would be performed?


Your observation is not unusual.

If you are examined by an ophthalmologist you probably will have PTOSIS of the upper lid.  By the end of the day the ptosis gets worse because the muscle gets tired.

Correction is possible with a "Ptosis Procedure"

Have a complete ophthalmologic exam. Then proceed with a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (or Board Certified Opthalmologic Plastic Surgeon) for repair.


You need an evaluation to make sure there are no medical conditions causing this.  An ophthalmologist is a good start.  After an evaluation and diagnosis, the appropriate treatment can be recommended.


This sounds as though you have a problem with the non-voluntary muscle called ptosis. Correction of this is relatively simple, but takes significant finesse. You need an evaluation by a plastic or ophthalmic plastic surgeon who is experienced with eyelid ptosis correction and does it regularly.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.