Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

I am really hollow/thin under my eyes. Veins show through and the undereye area is...


I am really hollow/thin under my eyes. Veins show through and the undereye area is really dark. Is there anything that can be done for this? I've read where fat injections can be done around the eyes. Is this a possibility or is there another procedure that will work better?


Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) for a comprehensive evaluation of your facial structure.  Discuss your expectations and what is available for YOU.  After evaluating the benefits and risks, you can then make up your mind based on good information.


Lower lid hollowness can be improved. One must exercise care and caution, as lower lid skin and the underlying soft tissues are usually quite thin, and thus the lower lids are less able to conceal grafted fat. Fat grafting must be preformed conservatively here, with a plan for secondary and occasionally tertiary fat grafting procedures depending on the 'take' of the initial fat grafting surgery.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.