Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

I had Juvederm to correct nasolabial folds in my face. After the procedure, I've...


I had Juvederm to correct nasolabial folds in my face. After the procedure, I've noticed how asymmetrical my face is.  I actually look like a stroke patient.  What can be done to correct this?


See the physician who injected you (hopefully it was a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon) and have the Juvederm dissolved .

Then re-evaluate your injector, and  see whether you are a candidate for other fillers/other procedures.


Go back and see the individual who performed your injections.  Compare the before and after photos and ask about your options.  There may be an indication to inject medication to dissolve the Juvederm.  Talk to your injector about the options you have.

Scottsdale, AZ


Juvederm and Nasolabial Fold Correction – Juvederm is a very good filler to use for nasolabial correction if it is not significantly deep. If nasolabial folds are deep, I use a deeper layer filler such as Radiesse concomitant with a filler such as Juvederm. Of course, everyone is asymmetric so correction has to be done asymmetrically often. If the jowls are deep enough then a facelift should be considered done concomitantly with nasolabial fold fat compartments.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.