Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Is it possible to fix asymmetry of the nasal bones?


I am a transgender woman, male to female. I have had several surgeries in my youth to correct a deviated septum and make my nose smaller. Something that had always bothered me was what appeared to be a raised area to the right of my nose. No doctors have given me any hope about a possible fix. Is it permanent or is there a procedure that could even out the bones? One side feels significantly thicker and I can't breathe as well. I am incredibly uncomfortable having it. Thanks.


It is very difficult to answer your question without at least good pictures and most importantly a physical examination. Bone can be remodeled, but you had had several rhinoplasties, and would need in person examination and thorough discussion and review of your medical records  to see what was done in the past.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.