Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Is it it possible to fix a fat lip with plastic surgery?


I got punched in the lips and now one side of my lip is a bit bigger than the other side.  Is it possible to make my lips symmetrical again?


You would need a consultation with a plastic surgeon once everything has healed completely in order to determine your best options. I would wait at least a few months.

R.A. Baxter, MD

Richard A. Baxter, M.D.
Mountlake Terrace, WA


Yes it is possible. Scars and swelling settle over 6 months to a year. I would suggest waiting until then for any possible surgical procedure. See a plastic surgeon who is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) for a consultation and advice about massage of the area, sun screen and the options of treatment.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.