Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

I am a 24 year old female. Six years ago I underwent grafting for burns on my left...


I am a 24 year old female. Six years ago I underwent grafting for burns on my left arm.  I now suffer with the ugly shape of the patch and the presence of scarring around the area.  I've consulted a few doctors who have told me they cannot solve this problem and to leave it the way it looks.  I've tried many creams and ointments to address the scars but to no avail.  Is there a laser procedure that can be done to improve the way my arm looks?  I want the natural landscape of the skin on my arm to be restored.


This will depend on the size of the graft, and the amount and size of normal skin left on the same arm.

If there is enough normal tissue and skin, one can think of tissue expansion and using the expanded skin to replace the skin graft.  You need a good amount of normal skin to place the tissue expander.  Otherwise there is not much that can be done.  There is nothing that can replace your normal skin.


I would need to see at least photographs of what you have.  You could possibly have tissue expanders placed to make the large area a smaller one or various types of laser treatments.

Dr. Domanskis  

Edward J. Domanskis, M.D., FACS - View Other Answers by this Doctor
Newport Beach, CA

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.