Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

How can I correct dimpling on my thighs from a previous liposuction procedure, about...


How can I correct dimpling on my thighs from a previous liposuction procedure, about five years ago?


It is sometimes difficult to correct this situation.  Improvement would depend on the size and depth of the depressions as well as the current quality of the skin and the possible presence of preexisting cellulite.  Fat injections are frequently helpful.  While it is an "off label" use, certain fillers can be used with some success.  Treatment would need to be redone on a periodic basis.  Even so, trying a filler on just a few of these areas can give you and the plastic surgeon an idea as to how the indentation will respond.  In my opinion, you should seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to obtain an authoritative opinion as to the best way to proceed in your particular case.

Robert W. Bernard, M.D., FACS
Carefree, AZ

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.