Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Is there any plastic surgery procedure for icthyosis vulgaris of lower leg below the knee?


My daughter who is 26 years old suffers from icthyosis. I also have same condition. For her body she applies cream and it is ok. But the lower leg icthyosis doesn't show improvement with any treatment. Is there any plastic surgery procedure for her icthyosis in lower leg? Thank you.


No this treatment is treated via medical management.  Topical retinoids are helpful in some cases.  Please see a dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.