Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

What procedure can be done to get rid of a drooping chin and a sunken face appearance?


I am a 57 year old woman in overall good health.  Due to an accident, I have a full set of dentures.  My chin droops as a result of bone loss of bottom teeth - it looks like a witch's chin.  My question is what can be done to get rid of the ugly drooping chin.  I would like to have cheek implants because I appear to have a sunken face.  Is it possible to have chin augmentation and cheek implants when I wear dentures on both the top and bottom?  Would the procedure be permanent?  Thank you.


Yes, there are several options for the correction of your issues.  Recent advancements have made fat grafting a very effective tool to restore facial/mandibular volume.  Many patients prefer the permanence of their own tissue over implants.  And, of course your witch's chin can be corrected at the same time.  Consider giving a member of the ASAPS a call to address your concerns.




Gary R. Culbertson, MD, FACS

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.