Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Protruding Eyes?


My eyes stick out more than usual from the eye socket. Is it possible to adjust the eye lids to bring them forward in some way to balance it and make the eyes not look like they are sticking out?


For years, the standard way to correct protuberant eyes (proptosis) is surgery to open the orbit and allow the eyeball to move back. Now, with the advent of fillers such as Voluma that are strong enough to hold the cheek up, we can now elevate the orbital rim and the surrounding tissues, thus hiding the eye's prominence. If you choose this option, make sure that whomever you select is an expert injector ( with significant experience in use of Voluma or something equally stable and supportive.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.