Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

For repair of aggressive lower-lid blepharoplasty, is fat transfer best?


My surgeon excavated too much fat from my lower lids and I now have hollow pockets that need to be filled. Is fat transfer best or should I pursue injectables?


Removal of fat from the lower (as well as the upper) eyelids is an all too common occurrence. The best treatment for this is injection of fat in the area. Use of fillers can also correct the problem, but they are not permanent.


I'm sorry you have had this experience.  I regularly perform structural fat grating on people who have had an overly aggressive blepharoplasy.  Fat grafting requires specialized tools, in additional to extensive training, expertise and patience on the part of the plastic surgeon. Be sure to find a plastic surgeon experienced with fat grafting and blepharoplasty correction.  The first step should be viewing many, many fat grafting before and after photos. 

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.