Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

How small can I reduce my breasts?


I have size 38D breasts at the moment. I want to specify I'm a bit of a masculine woman and I wanted to surgically flatten my breasts to make a flat chest but I wanted to know if a doctor can or would do it.


You are talking about 2 different procedures.  A breast reduction will reduce the size of your breast leaving a normal appearing, though smaller, breast.  One can make the new breast almost any size, though it is much easier to make you a B or C cup.  To totally make you "flat chested," is a mastectomy.  This is done frequently for males with breast development.  It could, theoretically, be done for you.  However, I, and most other plastic surgeons I know, would require a psychological evaluation before scheduling this procedure.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.