Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Could I have a W type incision correct scarring from breast implant replacement?


I had implants ten years ago and one of the implants broke. When the Dr. replaced it, he opened up the old scar which had almost disappeared. It contracted. Then he tried to fix it but made it worse. Could I have a W type incision to loosen the scar? I don't mind a scar and using make up, but the contraction is unsightly.


Yes, normally a scar revision would be of assistance. An examination would be required to correctly & completely address your concern. Consider seeking out a member of the ASAPS in your area for an evaluation. 



Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.