Alfonso Barrera, M.D., FACS
Background & Specialties
* The American Board of Plastic Surgery November 30, 1987
* The American Board of Otolaryngology April 3, 1984
Publications and Presentations
1. Webster, R.C., Smith, R.C., Smith, K.F.,Barrera, A., & Hamdan, V.:
Local flaps for the middle third of the face. Facial Plastic Surgery, 1:1-30, 1983.
2. Webster, R.C., Smith, R.C., Smith, K.F.,Barrera, A., & Hamdan, U.: External splinting of the nose. Laryngoscope,93: 1615-1616, 1983.
3. Walby, P., Barrera, A., Schuknecht, H.F.: Cochlear pathology in chronic suppurative otitis media. Ann. Otol. Raynol. Laryngology, 92: Supplement 103, 1983.
4. Biggs, T. M., Barrera, A.: Developmental defects of the neck. In Stark, R.B. (Ed.): Plastic Surgery of the Head and Neck, Churchill Livingston,Inc., p. 1403-1415, 1987.
5. Cohen, B. E., Barrera, A.: Survival of transferred intestinal segments after vascular pedicle
interruption. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 79: p. 610-615, 1987.
6. Cronin, T.D., Barrera, A: Deformities of the cervical region. In Converse, J. G. McCarthy Third Ed. Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, W. B. Sanders Company, p. 2057-2093, 1990.
7. Barrera, A.: Micrograft and Minigraft Megasession Hair Transplantation: Review of 100 Consecutive Cases. Aesthetic Surgery Journal Volume 17, Number 3 p. 165-169, 1997
8. Barrera, A: Micrograft and Minigraft Megasession Hair Transplantation Results after a Single
Session. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Volume 100, Number 6 p. 1524-1530, 1997
9. Barrera, A: Refinements in Hair Transplantation: Micro and Minigraft Megasession. Perspectives in Plastic Surgery. Volume 11, Number 1 p. 53-70, 1998.
10. Barrera, A: The Use of Micrografts and Minigrafts for the Correction of the Postrhytidectomy Lost Sideburn Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Volume 102, Number 6, November 1998.
11. Barrera,A. Book review: Buchuwauch, K.Konior, R.J. Contemporary Hair Transplantation Surgery. New York, Thieme Medical Publishers. Annals of Plastic Surgery.Vol Number 1998.
12. Barrera, A: The Use of Micrografts and Minigrafts for the Treatment of Burn Alopecia.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Volume 103, Number 2, p. 581-584, 1999.
13. Barrera, A. Facelift and Hair Transplantation as a Single Procedure. Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery. Volume 104, Number 6, p. 1831-1838, 1999.
14. Barrera, A. Discussion. Jeffrey Epstein,Revision Surgical Hair Restoration, correction of undesirable results. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Volume 104, Number 1, p 233- 236.1999.
15. Barrera, A. Discussion : Brenan, H.G., Toft,K.M.,Durham, B.P., Goodie, R.L., Koch, R.J.
Prevention and correction of the temporal hair loss in Rhytidectomy. Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery. Volume 104, Number 7, p. 2226-2228, l999.
16. Barrera A. Discussion : Vogel J.E. Correction of the corn row Transplant and other common problems in surgical hair transplantation. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Volume 105 Number 4 , p.1537-1538, 2000.
17. Barrera A. Discussion: Ahmet Seyhan, Levent Yoleri, Ali Baructu. Immediate Hair Transplantation into a newly closed wound to conceal the final scar on the hair bearing
skin. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Vol 105, Number 5, p. 1871. 2000.
18. Barrera. A Discussion: R.E.A. Nordstrom, M.Greco, E. Rapsio. "The Nordstrom Suture" to enhance Scalp Reductions. Plast. Reconstr. Surg. Vol 107. Number 2. 583-585, 2001
19. Barrera, A The use of micrografts andminigrafts for the treatment of burn alopecia.
Hair Transp. Forum International.11(2) 43-44. March April/ 2001.