Benson E. L. Timmons, IV, M.D.
- 649 N. New Hope Road
Gastonia, NC 28054
- Tel: Click for phone number704-866-4005
- Fax: 704-866-0450
- Send E-mail
Facial implants are designed for augmentative, reconstructive or rejuvenative purposes. Available in a wide range of sizes and styles for the chin, jaw, nose and cheek, implants add or restore contour and/or proportion to the face.
The procedure follows a similar pattern for all facial areas. The surgeon makes a small incision near where the implant will be placed, either in a crease or inside the mouth at the gum/lip junction. Then a pocket is made in the facial tissue, the implant inserted, and the incision is stitched. The process generally takes 1-2 hours, usually with general anesthesia. The incision is bandaged or taped, and stitches are removed in 5-10 days (sutures placed inside the mouth will dissolve in a similar period of time). Sometimes facial implants are inserted at the same time as a facelift, nose or eyelid procedure is performed.
- Return to work and other normal activity within a week.
- Generally performed in the surgeon's office or an outpatient surgical center.
- Adds aesthetically pleasing contour to the face.
- Results are essentially permanent.