David M. Lavine, M.D., FACS
Background & Specialties
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Chemistry, AB, Duke University, June 1968
M.D., University of Virginia Medical School, June 1972
Post Graduate Work:
General Surgery Residency, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
(Chief, Dr. Robert S. Sparkman) July 1, 1972 through June 30, 1975.
Plastic Surgery Residency, Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas
(Chief, Dr. Robert J. Wise) July 1, 1975 through December 31, 1975.
Plastic Surgery Residency, Akron City Hospital, Akron, Ohio
(Chief, Dr. James A. Lehman, Jr.) January 1, 1976 through June 30, 1977.
Hand Fellowship, Akron City Hospital, Akron, Ohio
(Chief, Dr. Thomas Reef)
July 1, 1977 through November 1, 1977
Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas.
Medical Consultant - UHI Corporation (Clinitron Bed) 1982-1984.
Instructor - Dioptics Corp. Permanent Lashliner Procedure - 1984.
Instructor of Plastic Surgery - John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, Texas, 1980-1984
Publications and Presentations
1. "Prospective Correlative of Left Ventricular Performance with Murmurs and Sounds in Athletic Hearts"; (Presented by co-author Dr. Richard Cramptom at the 52nd Annual Session of the American College of Physicians in Denver, Colorado, March 1977).
2. "The Psychodynamics of Rhinoplasty" (published, independent paper).
3. Film - The Sharplan CO2 Laser - Left Hemiglossectomy and Radical Neck Dissection, David M. Lavine, M.D., Billy Arnoff, M.D., presented at the Annual Meeting by the ASPS, Toronto, Canada, 1975.
4. "Plastic Surgery in Penal Institutions as a Method of Criminal Rehabilitation - A Review of Literature" (published, independent paper).
5. "Size Limitation of Autogenous Free Grafts of Skeletal Muscles", David M. Lavine, M.D. and Thomas Cochran, M.D. (presented at the Annual Meeting of the ASPS in Toronto, Canada, October 1975) (published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 58).
6. "The Care and Understanding of Portwine Stains" (Submitted to Debbie Fox Foundation Essay Contest - Educational ASPS, March 1976).
7. "Congenital Scalp Defects - Case Reporting Involving Thrombosis of the Sagittal Sinus", Lavine et al. (presented at Chief Residents Conference, March 1977, Clymer, New York) (published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 61, April 1978, pp. 599).
8. Melanoma - Past, Present, and Future" (Unpublished, independent senior paper).
9. "Injury to the Naso-Lacrimal Apparatus During Cosmetic Rhinoplasty", David M. Lavine, M.D. and James A. Lehman, M.D. (paper presented to the Cleveland Society of Plastic Surgeons, October 1977 and American Society for Aesthetic Surgery).
10. "Cicatrical Ectropion of the Upper Lid Secondary to Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus", Judson Smith, M.D. and David M. Lavine, M.D. (published, Annals of Ophthalmology, May 1981, pp. 579).
11. "A Simple Method to Protect Breast Implants During Insertion", David M. Lavine, M.D. and John B. Patterson, M.D. (published, Annals of Plastic Surgery, November 1981, Vol. 7, pp. 5).
12. "Dressing Changes in Children", David M. Lavine, M.D. (presented to TMA, Plastic Surgery Division, Spring 1984).
13. "Air Fluidized Therapy as a Success Treating Pressure Sores", David M. Lavine, M.D. (presented as a part of a scientific exhibit at the ASPS Annual Meeting, October 1984).
14. "A New Method of Recording Pressure Sores", David M. Lavine, M.D. (presented at the ASPS Annual Meeting, October 1984).
15. Video - "Permanent Lashliner (Blepharopigmentation)" (presented to ASPS Annual Meeting, October 1984).
16. "Permanent Lashliner", Instructor - Aesthetic Surgery Symposium, New York City, November 1985.
17. "Dermal Pigmentation Procedure" (paper, TMA, Dallas, Texas, May 1985).
18. "Autolipoplasty - A Presentation of 20 Cases" (paper, Annual Meeting Lipolysis Society of North America, Los Angeles, California, October 1986).
19. "Nine Years Experience of Subpectoral Breast Reconstruction - Review of 98 Cases", David M. Lavine, M.D. and Dennis Schuster, M.D. (published, Annals of Plastic Surgery, Fall 1988).
20. "Fat Reinjection and Blepharopigmentation - Five Years Experience" (presented YMA Meeting, Spring 1989).
21. "The Hypothermic Hydrotomy Technique", David M. Lavine, M.D. (presented, Annual Lipoplasty Society of North America Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, October 1990).
22. "The Elusive Inframammary Crease", David M. Lavine, M.D. and Richard Levine, M.D. (presented at the TMA Meeting, April 1991).
23. "Saline Inflatable Prosthesis: Fourteen Years Experience" (presented at the ASAPS Annual Meeting, April 1993) (accepted for publication Journal of Aesthetic Surgery). Research Papers, Publications, Lectures, continued:
24. "Saline Inflatable Prosthesis: Fourteen Years Experience" (published Aesthetic Plastic Journal, 17: 325-330, 1993).
25. "Neo-Collagen Replacement Therapy to Correct the Aging Mid-Facial Trapezoid" (presented at the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Mid-Winter Clinical Meeting, Cayman Islands, January 1997).
26. "Update - Saline Inflatable Prosthesis - 18 Years Experience" (presented at the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Mid-Winter Clinical Meeting, Cayman, Islands, January 1997).
Hobbies and Interests
Dr. Lavine enjoys golfing, cycling, health and fitness, acting and is an avid "cat person".