Elizabeth S. Lee, M.D.
- 2999 Regent Street
Berkeley, CA 94705
- Tel: Click for phone number510-704-2170
- Fax: 510-704-2173
- Send E-mail
- 970 Dewing Avenue
Lafayette, CA 94549
- Send E-mail
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is an increasingly popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure. It is a non-invasive, convenient method to reduce hair growth.
Laser Hair Removal Technique
Depending on the area being treated, the process may take anywhere from several minutes to several hours to complete. The most commonly used lasers utilize a low energy laser beam. This beam passes through the patient’s skin and is attracted to the pigment of the hair. The energy passes down the hair shaft and is absorbed by hair follicles that are in the active growth phase, thereby disabling the hair follicle in the deeper layer of the skin. The hair follicles that are in dormant phase are not affected by the treatment. In most cases, minimal pain should be experienced and no anesthesia is required.
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
- A non-invasive, gentle technique that reduces undesirable hair from most parts of the body
- Treats larger areas effectively because it disables more than one hair at a time
- May make skin color and complexion more uniform
- Minimal discomfort
- Replaces waxing, electrolysis, shaving and bleaching
- No downtime