Gordon H. Sasaki, M.D., FACS
Affiliations & Memberships
Arcadia Methodist Hospital
Huntington Memorial Hospital
Japanese American Medical Association
Chairman, JAMA Scholarship Fund Committee, 2009-2010.
Japanese American Medical Society, Los Angeles Chapter, 1985.
President, 1999-2001; 2002-2004
Japanese Cultured Institute, Board of Directors, 1985-1989.
Los Angeles County Medical Association, 1985.
California Society of Plastic Surgeons, March 22, 1985.
Cell Society (Founding Member)
International Society of Hair Restoration.
American College of Surgeons.
American Burn Association.
American Medical Association.
Association for Academic Surgery.
Plastic Surgery Research Council.
American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
New York Academy of Science.
American Association for Advancement of Science.
American Association for Hand Surgery.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Inc.
Society of Head and Neck Surgeons.
Lipoplasty Society of North America.
Fellow, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
Honors and Awards
- “ROYAL COLLEGE” Lecturer and Surgeon, Canadian Aesthetic Society Meeting, September 2005.
- OUTSTANDING PRESENTATION AWARD”, Canadian Aesthetic Society Meeting, September 2005.
- FACULTY MEMBER OF THE YEAR, Loma Linda University, Plastic Surgeon Division, 2005.
- AMERICA’S TOP SURGEONS AWARD, Consumer Research Council of America, 2004-2005.
- CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION AS INSTRUCTOR FOR AESTHETIC SURGICAL VIDEO JOURNAL American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery April 2004.
- AESTHETIC SURGICAL VIDEO AWARD & FOR THE BENEFIT OF CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION IN THE FIELD OF AESTHETIC PLASTIC SURGERY, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, April 2004.
- CONGRESSIONAL AWARD; The Senator Daniel Inouye Cherry Blossom Leadership Award, April 2004.
- CITY OF PASADENA COMMENDATION FOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Pasadena Cherry Blossom Festival April 2004.
- CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION AS INSTRUCTOR FOR AESTHETIC SURGERY VIDEO JOURNAL, “MELOPLICATION OF THE MALAR FAT PADS BY PERCUTANEOUS CABLE SUTURE TECHNIQUE”, April 2004.
- CERTIFICATE OF SPECIAL RECOGNITION FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE AND VOLUNTEERISM, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, April 2002.
- JEROME R. KLINGBEIL, M.D. AWARD, FOR TEACHING EXCELLENCE, MAY 1, 2001.. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- “THE BEST DOCTORS IN AMERICA”, Woodward/White Inc., 1999.
- CITATION OF AMERICAN SOCIETY OF AESTHETIC SURGERY, MOST HOURS OF FACULTY TEACHING.
- SIMON FREDRICKS AWARD IN "FACIAL ENDOSCOPY", American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery April 1996, Orlando, FL.
- ROBERT H. IVY AWARD. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. November 1, 1983.
- 16. OUTSTANDING SCIENTIFIC PRESENTATION, PATHOGENESIS AND TREATMENT OF INFANT SKIN STRAWBERRY HEMANGIOMAS. CLINICAL AND IN VITRO -STUDIES OF HORMONAL EFFECTS, FROM THE EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY. October, 1979.
- PHYSICIAN'S RECOGNITION AWARD IN CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION, AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, 1980-1984, 1984-1988, 1988-1992, 1992-1996.
- SECOND PRIZE, Junior Basic Science, Educational Foundation of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE FOR INVOLVEMENT OF PROSTAGLANDINS IN VIABILITY OF ACUTE SKIN FLAPS: EFFECTS OF VIABILITY AND MODE OF ACTION. Toronto, Ontario, CANADA. October 9-14, 1979.
BEST OVERALL PAPER, Plastic Surgery Senior Resident Conference, "PROSTAGLANDINS, SYMPATHECTOMY, AND FLAP SURVIVAL." Dallas, TX. 1979.
- SECOND PLACE RESIDENT PRIZE, New York Academy of Medicine and New York Plastic Surgery Society, "PROSTAGLANDINS SYMPATHECTOMY AND FLAP SURVIVAL." New York. March 9,1979.
- FIRST PLACE RESIDENT PRIZE, Southern New England Hand Society, "PROSTAGLANDINS AND HAND FLAPS." Enfield, CT. December, 1978.