Julius W. Few, M.D., FACS
- Suite 3850
875 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
- Tel: Click for phone number312-202-0882
- Fax: 312-564-4585
- Send E-mail
Background & Specialties
American Board of Surgery, 1998
American Board of Plastic Surgery, 2001
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, M.D. with Honor, 1992
Harvard Medical School, Research-clinical externship in Thoracic Surgery, 1992
University of Michigan Medical School, Research-clinical externship in Vascular Surgery, 1992
St. Mary's Medical School, London, England, Research-clinical externship, 1992
Harvard College Collaboration, Biochemistry Research, 1988
Michigan State University, Biochemistry and Physiology, 1988
POSTDOCTORAL TRAINING OR SPECIAL EXPERIENCE:
Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Flowers Clinic-Honolulu, New York Eye and Ear
Infirmary, Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital,
Paces Surgery Center-Atlanta, July-Oct. 2000
Chief Resident Instructor Northwestern Plastic Surgery, 1999-2000
Resident, Plastic Surgery Northwestern University, 1997-1999
Chief Resident, General Surgery University of Michigan Medical Center, 1996-97
Resident, General Surgery University of Michigan Medical Center, 1993-96
Intern, General Surgery University of Michigan Medical Center, 1992-93
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Northwestern University medical school
Publications and Presentations
1. Few J, Thompson NW, Angelos P, Simeone D, Giordano T, Reeve T. Riedel's thyroiditis: Treatment with Tamoxifen. Surgery 1996;120:993-9
2. Abbott R, Marcus J, Few J, Farkas A, Jona J. Narcotizing Fasciitis in infancy: An unknown uncommon setting and a prognostic disadvantage. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 1998
3. Marcus J, Few J, Senger C, Reynolds M. Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans and the Bednar tumor: Treatment on the pediatric population. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 1998;33(12):1811-14
4. Marcus J, Tyrone J, Few J, Fine N, Mustoe T. Optimization of conscious sedation in plastic surgery: causes and impact of prolonged recovery. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1998. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1999;104:5,1338-45
5. Few J, Marcus J, Aitken M, Redding J, Casas L. Long-term predictable nipple projection following tram and breast implants. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1998;104(5),
6. Few J, Marcus J, Placik O. Deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis in the moderate to high risk patient undergoing lower extremity liposuction. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1999;103(7):309-10
7. Few J, Claudio J, Fine N, Dumanian G. Monitoring buried head and neck free flaps with high
Resolution color duplex ultrasound. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2001;108(3):
8. Few J, Bauer B, Chavez C D., Galiano R D. The role of tissue expansion in the management of
Large congenital pigmented nevi of the forehead in the pediatric patient. Journal of Plastic and
Reconstructive Surgery 2001;107(3):668-675
9. Few J, Marcus J, Lee M, Ondra S, Dumanian G. Treatment of hostile midline back wounds: An
Extreme Approach. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2000; 105(7):2448-51
10. Few J. Book Review: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Nose. Annals of Plastic
11. Han H, Few J, Fine N. Use of Tumescent Technique in Pressure Ulcer closure. Plastic and
Reconstructive surgery 2002; 110(2):711
12. Marcus J, Few J, Chao J, Fine N, Mustoe T. The Prevention of Emesis in Plastic Surgery:
A Randomized, Prospective Study. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2002; 109(7):2487
13. Hasen KV, Few JW, Fine NA. Plastic Surgery: A Component in the
Comprehensive Care of Cancer Patients. Oncology. 16:12 1685-1698,Dec, 2002
14. Melkun ET, Chao JD, Few JW. Simultaneous Reconstruction of the Breast and
Empyema Defect Using a Delayed Transverse Rectus Abdominis Myocutaneous Flap
and Tissue Expansion. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Pending publication
1. McLeod M, Few J. Diagnostic advances in APUDomas and other endocrine tumors: Imaging and localization. In: Sem Surg Onc. 399-432, 1993.
2. Few, J, Wiedrich T. Reconstruction of the upper extremity. In: A Core Plastic Surgery Curriculum. (pending publication)
3. Few, J, Nahai, F. Back Reconstruction. Converse: Plastic Surgery. (pending publication)
1. First Annual Student Summer Research Poster Forum. University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 1990.
2. Seventeenth Annual Meeting of the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons. Reidel's thyroiditis: Treatment with Taxoxifen. Napa Valley, CA, April 1996.
3. Moses Gunn Annual Research Conference. Thermal Hand Injury Outcome Study, May 1997.
4. Northwestern Memorial Hospital Grand Rounds. Thermal Injury, October 1997.
5. Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons. Conscious Sedation and Plastic Surgery, July 1998.
6. American Society for Aesthetic Surgery Annual Meeting. Deep Venous Thrombosis Prophylaxis in the Moderate to High Risk Patient Undergoing Lower Extremity Liposuction, May 1999.
7. Twelfth Congress of the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. Long Term Predictability in Nipple Projection Following Breast Reconstruction, June 1999.
8. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Proceedings. The Role of Tissue Expansion in the Management of Large Congenital Pigmented Nevi of the Forehead in the Pediatric Patient, October 1999.
9. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Proceedings. Deep Venous Thrombosis Prophylaxis in the Moderate to High Risk Patient Undergoing Lower Extremity Liposuction, October 1999.
10. American Society of Microsurgery 2000 Annual Program. Monitoring Buried Head and Neck Free Flaps with High Resolution Color Duplex Ultrasound, 2000.
11. Plastic Surgery Senior Resident Conference. Monitoring Buried Head and Neck Free Flaps with High Resolution Color Duplex Ultrasound, 2000.
12. Plastic Surgery Senior Resident Conference. The Role of Tissue Expansion in the Management of Large Congenital Pigmented Nevi of the Forehead in the Pediatric Patient, 2000.
13. The Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons. "An Algorithm for Chin Reconstruction", April 2000.
14. Northwestern Fienberg School of Medicine Radiation Oncology Grand Rounds Breast Reconstruction, December 2001.
15. Northwestern Fienberg School of Medicine Emergency Medical Facial Trauma, March 2002.
16. Illinois Surgical Society Presentation, June 2002. Endoscopic Breast Surgery.
17. Northwestern Fienberg School of Medicine Dermatology Grand Rounds Facial Plastic Surgery, December 2001.
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting 2003, The Upper Eyelid: Relevant Septal Anatomy in Aesthetic Surgery
19. American College of Surgeons Annual Meeting 2003, Discussant: Endoscopic Midface Surgery
20. Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Grand Rounds, University of Chicago, 2004
21. Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Grand Rounds, University of Illinois, 2004
22. Food and Drug Administration IND Hearing, Topical Treatment of Keloid Scars
NBC 2001/2002 - Medical Correspondence
CNN - Medical Correspondence, Aesthetic Topics, 2002 to present
Univision/Telemundo 2002 - Breast Surgery