Sharon Giese, M.D.
Background & Specialties
American Board of Plastic Surgery, 2000
Poughkeepsie, New York
New York, New York
Northwestern University Medical School
Division of General Surgery
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Georgetown University, Scott Spear
Breast and Aesthetic Surgery
Clinical Assistant Professor, 2000-2001
SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn
Clinical Assistant Professor, 1999
Georgetown University Medical Center
Attending Surgeon, 2000-present
New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
Publications and Presentations
1. Jemiolo D, Taurence J, Giese S. The role of methy-modified sites in E. coli 16S rRNA in protein synthesis. Nucleic Acid Research 19(5):4259-65, 1991.
2. Pensler J, Giese S, Charrow J. Surgical treatment of patients with lobar holoprosencephaly. J Craniofac Surg 4(1):2-5, Dec 1991.
3. Zukowski M, Mossie R, Roth I, Giese S, McKinney P. A histologic and bacteriologic analysis of the effects of occlusive dressings in chemosurgical peel. Aesth Plast Surg 17:53-59, 1993.
4. McKinney P, Giese S, Placik O. Management of the ear in rhytidectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg 92(5):858-66, 1993.
5. Giese S, Roth I, Zukowski ML, McKinney P. The effect of chemosurgical peels and dermabrasion on dermal elastic tissue. Plast Reconstr Surg 100(2):489-98, 1997.
6. Giese S. The Phen-fen no-no with general anesthesia. Plast Reconstr Surg 101(2):552, 1998.
7. Giese S, Hentz VR. Posterior interosseous syndrome resulting from deep tissue massage. Plast Reconstr Surg 102(5):1778, 1998.
8. Chen J, Giese S, Jeffery RB, Lineaweaver W. Treatment and stabilization of complex wounds involving the pelvic bone with inferiorly based rectus abdominis musculo-cutaneous flap. Annals of Plast Surg 43(5):494, 1999.
9. Spear S, Giese S, Ducic, I. Concentric mastopexy revisited. Plast Reconstr Surg 107(5):1294, 2001.
10. Spear SL, Giese S. Current views on augmentation mastopexy. Aesthetic Plast Surg 20(2): March/April 2000.
11. Giese S, Bulan E, Commons G, Spear SL, Yanovski J. Improvements in cardiovascular risk profile with large volume liposuction: a pilot study. Plast Reconstr Surg 108(2):510, 2001.
12. Giese S, Bulan E, Spear S, Yanovski J, Neborsky R. Improvments in cardiovascular risk profile after large volume Lipoplasty : a 1 year follow-up study. Aesthetic Surgery J 2001;21:527.
13. Giese S. Safety Considerations In Large Volume Lipoplasty - Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2001;21:545.
14. Giese S, Neborsky R. Current Pharmacotherapy for Weight Loss: Implications for Plastic Surgeons. Aesthetic Surg J March/April 21(2):142, 2001.
15. Giese S, Neborsky R. Serotonin Syndrome: Potential Consequences of Meridia Combined with Demerol or Fentanyl. Plast Reconstr Surg,107 (1):293-4, 2001.
16. Giese S, Cleaver K. Improvements in cardiovascular risk profile with large volume liposuction: a 2-year follow-up. Submitted Plast Reconstr Surg, June 2003
17. Giese S. A new technique in mastopexy: The Power Breast Lift. Submitted to Aesthetic Plast Surg J, June 2003.
18. Giese S, Madhere, S. Classification and Correction of Implant Ptosis: Power Breast Lift II. Submitted Aesthetic Plast Surg J, June 2003.
19. Giese S, Zaretsky E. Critical mass of subcutaneous fat in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance. Submitted to Nature, August 2002.
20. Giese S. History and Use of the 21st centuries' fountain of youth. The Female Patient, 28:56-60, 2003.
21. Giese S. Reduction Mammaplasty. The Female Patient, 28: , 2003.
WORKS IN PROGRESS
1. Giese S. Buttock contouring: Aesthetics, history, and techniques for reduction and augmentation.
2. Giese S. A Comparative Analysis of Weight Loss Methods: a role for liposuction.
1. Novel Technique to Select for Lethal Mutations in Prokaryotic Organism. Symposia on rRNA , Poughkeepsie, New York, April 1989.
2. The Role of Methyl-modified Sites in E. coli 16 rRNA in Protein Synthesis. Symposia on molecular mechanism of cellular growth, Danville, PN, June 1990.
3. Role of Earlobe in Rhytidectomy. Scientific Exhibit Annual Meeting American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, New York, NY, April 1991.
4. Histologic and Bacteriologic analysis of the Effects of Occlusive Dressings in Chemosurgical Peel. 24th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, New York, NY April 1991.
5. Histologic and Bacteriologic effects of Chemosurgical Peel to Yucatan mini-pig Skin. Scientific Exhibit Northwestern Univ. Med. School research day, Chicago, IL, 1992.
6. Finesse in Rhytidectomy. Scientific Exhibit Northwestern Univ. Med. School research day, Chicago, IL, 1992.
7. Long-term Cellular and Molecular Effects on Dermal Elastin and Collagen Following chemosurgical Peel. Annual meeting American Society for Aesthetic Plastic surgery, Boston, MA 1993.
8. Effect of Chemosurgical Peels and Dermabrasion on Dermal Elastic Tissue. Annual meeting California Society of Plastic Surgery, Napa, CA, May 1995.
9. Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty and CO2 Laser Resurfacing to Treat Mild Lid Skin Excess and Fat Herniation. Annual meeting American Society of Plastic Surgeons, San Francisco, CA, September, 1997.
10. Transconjunctival blepharoplasty and CO2 Laser Resurfacing to Treat Mild Lid Skin Excess and Fat Herniation. 1st Annual meeting Stanford-UCSF Plastic Surgery, San Francisco, CA, August 1997.
11. Scrotal Construction Using tissue Expander and Skin Advancement. Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association, Vancouver, BC, Canada, September, 1997.
12. Surgical Transformations: Scrotoplasty and Mamilloplasty. Plastic Surgery chief Residents conference, Birmingham, AL, May 1998.
13. Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty and CO2 Laser Resurfacing to Treat Skin Excess and Fat Herniation. Annual meeting American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, resident section, Los Angeles, CA, May 1998.
14. Flaps and Grafts. Nursing Aspects of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, June 8, 1998.
15. Flaps and Grafts. Physicians Assistants Teaching Rounds. Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD, January 27, 1999.
16. Possible Health Benefits of Large Volume Liposuction- Preliminary analysis. Annual meeting American Society of Plastic Surgeons, New Orleans, LA, October 1999
17. Possible Health Benefits of Large Volume Liposuction. Aesthetic Surgery at the Red Sea. Eliat, Israel, March 2000.
18. Metabolic and Physiologic Effects of Liposuction. NYU Emerging Technology in Plastic Surgery. New York, NY, April 2000.
19. Health Benefits of Large Volume Liposuction. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Orlando, FL, May 2000.
20. Effects of Large Volume Liposuction on Insulin Regulation. American Society of Plastic Surgeons Los Angeles, CA, October 2000.
21. Health Benefits of Large Volume Liposuction: the cardiovascular aspects. General Surgery Grand Rounds, NYU Downtown Hospital, October, 2000.
22. Physiologic Changes Following Large Volume Liposuction. International Society of Ultrasonic Surgery Congress, March, 2001.
23. Weight Loss and Liposuction. NYU Emerging Technology in Plastic Surgery. New York, NY, June 2001.
24. Power Breast Lift. Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery. Philadelphia PA, October, 2001
25. New Technique in Mastopexy Power Breast Lift I & II : NYU New York, NY, May 31st 2002
26. Health Benefits of Large Volume Liposuction - a 2 year follow-up. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, May 2nd, 2002 Las Vegas, NV
27. Physiologic Changes Following Large Volume Liposuction : Emerging Trends NYU, New York, NY , May 31st, 2002
28.Giese S. Integrating Large volume Liposuction into a Weight Loss Program - Bermuda, October 2002
29. Giese S. Power Breast Lift II - Anatomic Sling Mastopexy - Bermuda October 2002
30. Giese S. Integrating Large Volume Liposuction into a Weight Loss Program - The Cutting Edge IV - MEETH - NYEEI - October 2002 - NYC
31. Giese S. New Technique In Mastopexy - Power Breast Lift I & II - MEETH - NYEEI - The Cutting Edge IV - October 2002 - NYC
32. S. Giese Faucetta -Integrating Large Volume Liposuction into a Weight Loss Program - Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery - Branch Sao Paulo 2003
33. S. Giese Faucetta - Advances to Liposuction : An Adjunct to Weight Loss - Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery - Branch Sao Paulo 2003
Hobbies and Interests
Cooking, Gardening, Piano