Sunday, April 14
4:30pm – 6:30pm
2-Hour Courses - 2 CME credits per course
520 Transforming Patient Safety and Care Quality in Plastic Surgery: 21st Century Solutions
2 CME credits
Discounted pre-registration fee: $140 On-site fee: $190
Tiffany Grunwald, MD, Claude Oppikofer, MD, Felmont Eaves, III, MD and Galen Perdikis, MD
Level: Comprehensive Organization: Didactic
- Describe the issue of patient safety and team dynamics as they relate to outpatient surgery setting
- Discuss the benefits of continuous learning and implementation of post-surgery debriefing meetings
- Recognize systems and communication problems in team dynamics in outpatient surgery setting
- Introduce A3 process for problem solving and discuss relevant elements to outpatient surgery practice
- Discuss how gaming technology can be implemented into an outpatient surgery practice to improve patient safety
JCAHO estimates that 70% of patient safety problems are not due to a lack of knowledge, but instead to problems with systems and communications. This course is designed to use new and innovative ways to create a culture of continuous quality improvement using systems modified from proven industry process in order to improve patient safety and quality of care.
We will discuss specific tools that can be implemented into an outpatient surgery based practice as well as unveil a team training platform using the latest in virtual technology to improve patient safety.