Sunday, April 14
3:00pm – 6:00pm
S16B Physician Extender Injector Competence Training – Level 2 –
Advanced/Combination Injection Techniques with Neurotoxins and the Array of FDA-Approved Dermal Fillers
3 CME Credits
Discounted pre-registration fee: $175 On-site fee: $225
Special Note: You are eligible to register for this course without registering for S16A (Basic) ONLY if you attended an ASAPS Nurse Injector Competence Training Course held in either Washington D.C.(2010), Boston (2011), or Vancouver (2012).
Participation limited to RNs, NPs, and PAs practicing within their scope of practice under the direct supervision of a plastic surgeon.
Co-Chairs: Miles Graivier, MD and Z. Paul Lorenc, MD
Additional Faculty: Kathy Jones, RN** and Susan Wells, RN**
Level: Comprehensive Organization: Didactic including live patient demonstrations
This comprehensive course, designed for nurse, nurse practitioner and physician assistant injectors provides participants the opportunity to review and discuss more advanced injection techniques with neurotoxin type A and an array of dermal fillers including CaHA, PLLA and PMMA. Emphasis will be placed on the importance of the aesthetic analysis especially as it relates to changes in the aging face. Volume loss and its effects on facial appearance will be reviewed. Live patient and video injections of volume replacement in the mid and upper face as well as contouring of the lower face will be demonstrated. In addition, there will be discussion and demonstration of emerging uses with dermal fillers such as in the aging hands. Patient safety is discussed throughout the course with an emphasis on avoiding complications.
Successful completion of this course is the first of two requirements for participants to receive a certificate of Nurse/Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Advanced Injector – Level 2 Course Completion. The second requirement is participation in a physician sponsored preceptorship.
- Describe the aesthetic evaluation process especially as it relates to the aging face by demonstrating an understanding of facial proportions/symmetry, appropriate cheek position, especially as it relates to volume replacement, brow/lip proportions/position, and the impact of volume loss in the aging face
- When injecting dermal fillers, demonstrate adequate knowledge to effectively distinguish among the variety of available product options and knowledge of appropriate depth of injection and specific techniques in order to ensure optimal outcomes
- Evaluate advanced injection techniques with dermal fillers specific to product types, certain areas of the face/body, and combination therapy
- Explain and implement techniques to help avoid/manage complications with dermal fillers/injectable
- When combining neuromodulators with dermal fillers, recognize product attributes and the effect on treatment outcomes
- When treating patients with neuromodulators and/or dermal fillers, describe the actions that can lead to adverse events/complications and categorize subsequent management