ASAPS Pressroom Guidelines
The primary mission of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) is the continuing education of board-certified plastic surgeons in aesthetic surgery.
ASAPS believes that public education regarding aesthetic plastic surgery is an important part of our mission, and we invite credentialed members of the media to the Scientific Program at our Annual Meeting, as well as to any specially scheduled Media Briefings. In addition, ASAPS maintains a Press Office and Interview Room for the benefit of attending media, and offers complimentary breakfast and lunch buffets throughout the meeting.
Media can pre-register online using our Online Registration Form. Once completed and proper press credentials are verified by the ASAPS Media Relations staff, a press policy must be signed and sent back to the office. Registration is not complete until a press policy is signed and returned to the ASAPS Communications Office, either via fax or email. Media can also register in the press office between the hours of 8:30am to 5pm. Registration materials, i.e., a media kit and meeting program will be sent to all pre-registered journalists prior to the meeting. Pre-registered journalists will need to obtain their press credentials on-site in the Press Room.
ASAPS only gives out press credentials to working journalists and reporters who are working on stories or segments on the information from the meeting for publication. ASAPS does not make public the registered media attendees at the meeting. To obtain media credentials, identification certifying that you are a working member of the news media on assignment to cover the meeting is required. Business cards from established news organizations are sufficient to establish eligibility.
ASAPS will not give press badges to the following:
- Promotional publications
- Public relations staff of exhibitors or educational institutes
- Writers creating analyses or reports sold as a commodity to customers
- A publication’s advertising, marketing, public relations or sales representatives
- Publishers, editors or reporters from manufacturers
- Other individuals who are not reporting on the meeting.
Please review the following guidelines for attending members of the media:
- All members of the media must register. Press Badges are available at the ASAPS Meeting Press Office.
- Press Badges will be issued only to credentialed media. Proof of affiliation with a recognized media outlet is required.
- No member of the media is permitted to bring a tape recorder or camera into the Scientific Program except by special arrangement with the ASAPS Press Office staff.
- Patient confidentiality must be respected.
- No member of the media shall ask questions or make comments from the floor during the Scientific Program.
- ASAPS requests that all interviews be arranged through the ASAPS Press Office staff. Presenters have been instructed to advise members of the media of this policy if approached for an interview.
- Teaching Courses are not open to the media
Exhibitors may not leave materials for the press in the press office. ASAPS is not responsible nor does ASAPS endorse the exhibitor’s materials
Aesthetic Meeting Twitter Hash Tag: #ASAPS13
Follow ASAPS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ASAPS
Become a fan of ASAPS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AestheticSociety