Contact: Adeena Babbitt or Dina Khiry: 212.921.0500 firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Requirements: For election to Active Membership, a plastic surgeon must:
- Be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada;
- Be in at least the third year of practice following board certification;
- Meet specified requirements for accredited aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery Continuing Medical Education (CME);
- Meet specified requirements for documented aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery cases performed during a 12-month period and covering a wide range of procedures;
- Meet requirements for operating in an accredited surgical facility;
- Be sponsored by two ASAPS members;
- Submit current marketing/advertising materials, if any, for review; and
- Adhere to current ethical standards for professional conduct.
- To advance the science, art, and safe practice of aesthetic (cosmetic) plastic surgery among qualified plastic surgeons through medical education and research;
- To promote ethical conduct and responsible patient care;
- To serve the public by providing accurate and timely information regarding aesthetic (cosmetic) plastic surgery and promoting patient safety; and
- To advance the medical profession and plastic surgery specialty.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), is recognized as the world’s leading organization devoted entirely to aesthetic plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine of the face and body. ASAPS is comprised of over 2,600 Plastic Surgeons; active members are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (USA) or by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and have extensive training in the complete spectrum of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures. International active members are certified by equivalent boards of their respective countries. All members worldwide adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and must meet stringent membership requirements.
Follow ASAPS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ASAPS
Become a fan of ASAPS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AestheticSociety
Become a member of Project Beauty: www.projectbeauty.com
Locate a plastic surgeon in your area: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/find-a-plastic-surgeon