Hylaform and Restylane: FDA Advisory Panel Says OK
New York, NY (November 21, 2003) — According to Reuters News Service, a U.S. advisory panel today recommended approval of Hylaform (Inamed Corp.) and Restylane (Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp.), both injectable gels to treat facial wrinkles. Restylane is already approved in over 60 countries. Hylaform has been on the market in Europe since 1996 and is available in 30 countries.
The Food and Drug Administration will make the final decision on approval. The agency usually follows the advice of its advisory panels.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), is recognized as the world's leading organization devoted entirely to aesthetic plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine of the face and body. ASAPS is comprised of over 2,600 Plastic Surgeons; Active Members are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (USA) or by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and have extensive training in the complete spectrum of surgical and nonsurgical aesthetic procedures. International Active Members are certified by equivalent boards of their respective countries. All members worldwide adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and must meet stringent membership requirements.
WE ARE AESTHETICS
- Follow ASAPS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ASAPS
- Become a fan of ASAPS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AestheticSociety
- Check us out on Instagram: www.instagram.com/theaestheticsocietyasaps
- Check out our consumer-facing website: www.smartbeautyguide.com
- Locate a plastic surgeon in your area: www.smartbeautyguide.com/select-surgeon