World-Renowned Plastic Surgeons Share Knowledge and Experience
The first American –Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting to take place in Park City, Utah February 20 to 23
New York, NY, Feb 19, 2009 – For the first time, thought and opinion leaders from two of the world’s leading centers of aesthetic surgery, Brazil and the United States, will be meeting to share scientific updates, procedural knowledge and clinical information at the inaugural American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting.
Faculty for the meeting includes some of the most recognized names in organized plastic surgery from two continents, including:
- Ricardo Riberio, MD, Brazil, Meeting Co-Chair
Plastic Surgeon from Rio de Janiero, Brazil
- Renato Saltz, MD, Meeting Co-Chair and President-Elect, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery -- Plastic Surgeon from Park City, UT
- Jose Carlos Sampaio Goes, MD, Past-President, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgeon from Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Alan Gold, MD, President, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgeon from Great Neck, NY
- Foad Nahai, MD, President, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Past-President, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery -- Plastic Surgeon from Atlanta, GA
- Mark Jewell, MD, Past-President, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgeon from Eugene, OR
The attendees for the meeting includes residents, fellows, nurses, aestheticians and physicians from the US, South America, Europe and Asia. The topics include aesthetic surgery, cosmetic medicine, patient safety (a full morning), breast and skin cancer reconstruction -- all related to aesthetic plastic surgery. The meeting is endorsed/sponsored by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (www.asaps.org) and the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (www.isaps.org).
Although the meeting is not set up to accommodate press representatives, a full briefing report will be available at www.surgery.org/media at the meeting’s conclusion.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the leading organization of board-certified plastic surgeons specializing in cosmetic plastic surgery, includes Active-Member plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, as well as International Active Members who hold equivalent credentials in their own countries. For information, visit www.surgery.org.
The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) is the world's leading professional body for board certified aesthetic plastic surgeons. ISAPS represents over 1,600 of the world's leading board certified aesthetic plastic surgeons in 84 countries. For information, visit www.isaps.org.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), is recognized as the world's leading organization devoted entirely to aesthetic plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine of the face and body. ASAPS is comprised of over 2,600 Plastic Surgeons; Active Members are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (USA) or by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and have extensive training in the complete spectrum of surgical and nonsurgical aesthetic procedures. International Active Members are certified by equivalent boards of their respective countries. All members worldwide adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and must meet stringent membership requirements.
WE ARE AESTHETICS
- Follow ASAPS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ASAPS
- Become a fan of ASAPS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AestheticSociety
- Check us out on Instagram: www.instagram.com/theaestheticsocietyasaps
- Check out our consumer-facing website: www.smartbeautyguide.com
- Locate a plastic surgeon in your area: www.smartbeautyguide.com/select-surgeon