International Active Members enjoy nearly all the privileges of Active Membership, except for voting and holding elected office.
- If you are an actively practicing plastic surgeon who has demonstrated interest and achievement in aesthetic surgery, you are eligible to apply for ASAPS International Active Membership.
- Initiate your application by contacting an ASAPS Active Member to request that application materials be sent directly to you from the ASAPS Central Office.
- Provide documentation of membership in your national society of the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS) or the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a member of your IPRAS national society or from an ISAPS member in your country.
- Attend an ASAPS annual meeting within three years of your application date.
- Comply with the ASAPS Code of Ethics.
Application Deadline July 1 & January 5
Plastic surgeons who submit their applications for membership in the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) by the July 1 deadline are eligible for election to membership in the beginning of the year. Applications submitted by the January 5th deadline are eligible for election at the ASAPS Annual Meeting in the spring. A nominal fee to cover administrative expenses associated with your application is required at the time you apply.
Applicants meeting the requirements are recommended by the Membership Committee and must then be approved by at least four-fifths of the Board of Directors to be named on the official ballot for vote by the International Active Membership. An affirmative vote of at least four fifths of the International Active Membership present at the annual Business Meeting is required for election to membership.
- Save hundreds of dollars in registration fees for ASAPS continuing education meetings.
- Enjoy "early bird" registration for the most popular ASAPS teaching courses.
- Receive a complimentary subscription to the award winning Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
- Display your practice information on the ASAPS website.
- Use the ASAPS logo on your practice materials.
- Display your ASAPS membership certificate and custom-ordered engraved plaque in your waiting and examination rooms.
- Order exclusive customized patient education products featuring your name, practice information and a statement of your ASAPS membership.