Active Member – U.S. and Canadian Application Process
If you are a citizen of the U.S., its territories or Canada and are Board-certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), or by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, you may be eligible to apply for ASAPS Active Membership.
STEP 1: To begin the membership process, you must have an ASAPS Active/Life Member from the U.S. or Canada send a letter of recommendation to email@example.com, or by mail to: 11262 Monarch St., Garden Grove, CA 92841. Please be sure your sponsor includes your current email address, as you will be contacted via email with further information.
STEP 2: Once received, you will be sent a “Checklist” with five questions, to be completed and returned.
STEP 3: When the completed checklist is returned, and you are able to answer “yes” to all questions, the full application will be provided.
STEP 4: Submit your completed application no later than January 5 or July 1.
Requirements for Active Member – U.S. and Canadian Application Process
- Board-certification in Plastic Surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) or Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC).
- Attendance at The Aesthetic Meeting or a meeting exclusively organized and managed by the Society within 4 years prior to the application date.
- Documentation of a minimum of 75 aesthetic surgical cases during a recent 18 month period OR completion of a 12 month ASAPS Endorsed Aesthetic Fellowship (fellowship must be endorsed at time of completion, please verify with the Membership Manager).
- Ability to document 60 category 1 CME in aesthetic surgery during the 36-month period prior to the application date.
- Two (2) sponsors that are an ASAPS Active/Life Member. One must be within 100 miles of your practice, while the other can be located anywhere within the U.S. or Canada.
- Submission of a report on all malpractice cases, if any.
- Provide verification of accreditation of any surgical facilities that are used.
- Agree to abide by the Society’s Bylaws and Code of Ethics.
If you have any questions about the Active Membership requirements, please contact Alicia A. Potochniak, Membership Manager at 562-799-2356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadlines January 5 and July 1
Applicants who submit a complete application by the January 5 deadline are eligible for election at the annual Aesthetic Meeting in the spring. Individuals who submit their application for the July deadline are eligible for election to membership at the beginning of the year. A nominal fee to cover administrative expenses associated with your application is required at the time you apply.
- Use of ASAPS logo
- Membership Certificate
- Voting rights/Member Business meeting
- May serve in elected office
- Opportunity to serve on ASAPS Committees
- Aesthetic Meeting and ASAPS symposia Discounts
- Receive a hard copy of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal (ASJ) as well as online access
- Access to ASJ via Radar Resource
- Smart Beauty Guide website listing
- Smart Beauty Guide Logos
- Social Media and Digital Content
- Product discounts, including the ability to purchase Smart Beauty Guide marketing materials available exclusively for members
- Variety of education tools
- Free legal advice from ASAPS legal counsel
- Enhanced Practice Profile (EPP) available for purchase
- Complimentary webinars
- Online subscription to the Aesthetic Society News