If you are like the majority of board-certified plastic surgeons, cosmetic surgery is the most important growth area of your practice. That’s why you should consider becoming a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Download this brochure for information on starting the membership process.
In an era of increasing sub-specialization, membership in the Aesthetic Society is an important indicator of your special interest and experience in cosmetic plastic surgery – a mark of distinction that helps to differentiate your cosmetic practice from the competition.
Since its founding in 1967, the Aesthetic Society’s primary mission has been to provide board-certified plastic surgeons with the highest quality continuing education in cosmetic surgery.
Continuing Medical Education
- Access to a wide range of continuing education opportunities is one of the most important benefits of ASAPS membership.
- Save hundreds of dollars in registration fees for ASAPS continuing education meetings.
- Enjoy “early bird” registration for the most popular ASAPS teaching courses.
- Receive a complimentary subscription to the award winning Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
- Receive annual statistics on cosmetic surgery practice.
- Earn CME credit through ASAPS meetings, publications and videotape activities.
Whether you actively market your cosmetic surgery practice, or rely primarily on word-of-mouth and referrals to expand your patient base, membership in ASAPS can help you make a positive impression.
- As an ASAPS member, you can take advantage of a variety of practice enhancement options.
- Use the ASAPS logo on your practice materials and in your Yellow Pages advertising.
- Display your ASAPS membership certificate and custom-ordered engraved plaque in your waiting and examination rooms.
- Earn an ASAPS Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery.
- Order exclusive custom patient education products featuring your name, practice information and a statement of your ASAPS membership.
The Society’s year-round public relations program educates consumers about selecting a member of ASAPS for their cosmetic surgery. This program seeks to reinforce the value of your American Board of Plastic Surgery certification by emphasizing the specialized expertise in cosmetic surgery that qualifies you for ASAPS membership.
ASAPS has been featured in stories on cosmetic surgery appearing in a variety of popular publications and broadcasts such as:
This type of media exposure helps to position ASAPS members as the leading providers of quality cosmetic surgery.
- ABC News.com
- Discovery (Health) Channel
- Fox & Friends (FOX)
- Good Morning America (ABC)
- Harper’s Bazaar
- Huffington Post
- The Los Angeles Times
- Marie Claire
- Modern Maturity
- National Public Radio
- Readers Digest
- The Early Show (CBS)
- The New York Times
- The Today Show (NBC)
- The Wall Street Journal
- Town and Country
- USA Today
- World News Roundup (CBS)
World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer (ABC)
If you have an interest in cosmetic surgery, are committed to expanding your knowledge through accredited continuing medical education and want to grow your cosmetic practice, you are invited to apply now for membership in the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.