What could cause bleeding from an old face lift scar?


I had a mini face lift one year ago and about a month and half ago I started bleeding and draining water from my left scar.  Can you tell me what that is?  I had the surgery performed in another state and I haven't been able to go back to see the surgeon.  I have spoken to her on the phone and she tells me that she has to see me in order to know what is causing this.  Can you help with your opinion?


Yes, you need an evaluation.  It is best to return to the surgeon who performed your surgery.  If you now cannot travel that far, call your surgeon and request a copy of your operative report. Then, find an ASAPS Surgeon in your area, take a copy of your operative report and request this surgeon address your concerns.




Gary R. Culbertson, MD, FACS 

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2017 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.