Can I have my own body fat injected into it my breast?


My breasts were asymmetrical and I decided to have a reduction. My surgeon said he would have to do a reduction on the larger side then do a lift on the smaller side. Now I am exactly the opposite. I'm still asymmetrical and I want to fix it. On the side that was reduced, can I have my own body fat injected into it to fix the problem?


It is now possible with the newest technique for you to enlarge your breasts without resorting to implants!  Specially prepared fat taken from another part of the body, such as the stomach or hips, is placed under the breast tissue to provide increased breast size without the need for artificial implants. The technique is called autologous fat transfers and autologous simply means "your own." And who doesn't have a little fat to spare?


Fat transfer to the breasts can be done up to a point, but there are limits. Asymmetry is an excellent application for this since the volumes needed are not high. It is not universally agreed that fat transfer could replace implants, because the amounts that can reliably be transferred to the breasts are smaller than the average implant.

Richard A. Baxter, M.D. - View Other Answers by this Doctor
Mountlake Terrace, WA

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2017 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.