Is a breast augmentation my only way of correcting my breasts?


On both of my breasts, I have extra rings around my areolas. These rings around my areolas started developing when I was very young (possibly at age 12), and have grown in size dramatically (I'm now 21 years of age). They're so large, I cannot wear normal bathing suits without constantly checking and readjusting myself. Could I possibly receive treatments to lighten the skin? Or is a breast augmentation my only way of correcting my breasts?. Please help me


If you don't want your breasts to be larger, then augmentation would not necessarily be part of the solution. Perhaps an areolar reduction similar to a Benelli or donut lift would work. An in-person exam is the only way to answer your question so I would suggest that you contact an ASAPS member plastic surgeon in your area..

Richard A. Baxter, M.D.
Mountlake Terrace, WA


If I understand your question, you have a large areola. If that is the case, the areola can be reduced in size without breast augmentation


Thank you for your question. It sounds as though you may have enlarged areolae, the pink tissue which surrounds your nipple.

Breast augmentation may in fact enlarge your areola further so I do not believe that would be a proper solution.

You may benefit from an areola are reduction or doughnut mastopexy which can reduce the width of the areola.

Be certain to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is experienced in cosmetic breast surgery.


Hi, you didn't say if you have sagging breasts or not. Breast implants just works for augmentation if you have an small breast. If there is ptosis, you can have a breastlift and you ASAPS member plastic surgeon will reduce them as a part of this procedure, otherwise, we have another techniques that will work just to reduce the Aureolas.


Your description sounds like you have enlarged areolas  A breast augmentation would not help this, as the only thing a breast augmentation does is to give you a larger version of the breasts you already have.  To decrease the size of the areolas there is a procedure called a Donut mastopexy which may work well for you.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area as your first step to correcting your concern.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2017 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.