Hereditary cankles.... Can anything be done?


I am 5'4 and around 125 lbs. I stopped wearing shorts in middle school after a boy called me Stumps. I am 37 now. I live in Texas and it is so uncomfortable to wear pants all the time. My mom has "strait legs" too. There is just absolutely no shape even though I work out. Is there anything that can help surgically? Thanks in advance




 Sorry to hear about your peer badgering. Some people can just be cruel. Yes, you do have some options from calf implants to fat grafting. An examination would be required to determine your best course. Consider a consult with one of the members of the ASAPS in your area. They are experts in body contouring procedures. Best,


Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS


Hi Adrienne,

Cankles (lack of definition between ankles and calves) is usually a result of excess fat in the leg above the ankle, and edema (swelling) will also need to be considered.  Each problem has a unique treatment, and your plastic surgery consultation will help you understand this problem and possible solutions.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2017 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.