What kind of surgeon do I go to for a Breast Lift after having a Breast Reduction 20 years ago?


I had a breast reduction done when I was 18.  I am now 38 and I want a breast lift.  What kind of surgeon should I go to?


It is not uncommon to have more drooping later in life after a breast reduction, and you have found the right place to look for your surgeon, as he should be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and one that does a lot of aesthetic surgery. This is exactly the credentials for an ASAPS member. Good luck!

Dan C. Mills, II, MD


I agree with Dr. Mills. You should seek out a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who can meet with you, discuss your goals, examine you, and then discuss your surgical options for care. I wish you well.

Dr Edwards

M. C. Edwards, MD


Gravity will continue to affect tissues for the rest of your life and some skin relaxation is normal. A breast lift will help reposition the breast into a better position on the chest and improve its shape. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic/aesthetic surgery, and be sure to ask to see before and after photos.

J. M. Darrow, MD

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2017 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.