I have a protruding mouth and a small chin, what are my options in corrective procedures?


I have rather a retruding chin (I'm not sure if that's the term to describe it) and a protruding mouth that is only obvious in certain angles of my profile. I was looking online to find a solution that will improve my profile appearance but cannot seem to be able to distinguish between the end results of a chin implant, and injectable fillers. I'm afraid of getting a masculine look after implants, does that ever happen with female patients? What solution do you propose to my problem? Thanks.



A retruding chin can be a common cosmetic complaint. You will require an evaluation to determine if the issue is purely cosmetic and not anatomical. For example if your occlusion or bite is off and you have a retruded chin you may require Orthognathic surgery.

 If your facial anatomy is correct simple solutions include fat grafting to your face or fillers. Consider a consult with one of the many members of the ASAPS to address your concerns. Best,


Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2017 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.