Is there any solution for a nipple that points downwards other than a plastic surgery?


I have never had babies, and I am 22 years old, but I have one breast with a nipple pointed downward. I have searched a lot and there was only one solution I could find (breast lift). I don't want surgery, I want something I can do at home, like exercising, even using chemical products that would help without causing side effects. that would be really great. Thanks



Dear Ms. T,

Unfortunately, no. You might here about creams and exercises that would do that, however, until now they are all closer to a myth than to reality. I am not sure if your fear from scars is a realistic one as in many cases the lifting can be done with very minimal scars that are barely visible to the untrained eye. Please consult with an ASAPS member for this matter in order to make sure you get the most up-to-date information.


Shady Hayek, M.D.

Beirut, Lebanon

Shady Hayek, M.D.


There are no non-surgical treatments or products that can be used to elevate or alter the position of the nipple on the breast.  The only option is a surgical procedure to reposition the nipple into a more symmetrical and balanced position.  With any surgery, there will be scars but they are usually minimal and easily hidden.  Please consult with an ASAPS member plastic surgeon who can help you better understand your options.  Best of luck.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2017 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.