Are there specialists in earlobe reduction and reshaping surgery?


I want to have earlobe reduction/reshaping surgery.  I am having a difficult time finding a surgeon in my area (N. California) who has performed this type of surgery.  Are there plastic surgeon who specialize in this procedure????


Northern California is a very large region that includes the San Francisco Bay area where I am sure you can find numerous, well qualified surgeons who can perform earlobe reshaping procedures.  If you are looking for someone in one of the more rural areas of Northern California, you may have to travel some distance to find a surgeon who can help you.

I suggest that you go to the home page of,

In the center of this page under "Find A Plastic Surgeon" simply enter your Zip Code and then go to the  drop down menu under Procedures.   Scroll down to Ear Surgery and highlight it.  Click on the Submit button and you should then be taken to a list of surgeons that provide the services in which you are interested as well as an indication of distances they are from you.  These are all board certified plastic surgeons that are members in good standing of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.  I suggest that you then call their offices to make further inquiries and set up a consultation.


I suggest that you consult the website and use the find a plastic surgeon to identify a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

For more information on earlobe repair you may want to see my website under earlobe repair for more information.

Fredrick A. Valauri, M.D. F.A.C.S., FACS - View Other Answers by this Doctor
New York, NY


I frequently perform earlobe repairs each week in my office in Houston, TX.  I would recommend consulting a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Any board certified plastic surgeon should be able to help you.


Ear-lobe reshaping is a minor procedure that most plastic surgeons are familiar with and do routinely as part of face-lifts and neck-lifts.

I doubt that there is a surgeon who "specializes" in just ear-lobes because it is such a straight-forward surgery.

It typically involves cutting away some of the lobule to create a smooth contour that is less pendulous.


I have done a number of earlobe re-shapings for patients that have worn large earrings and the changes that occur with aging. I usually do this in the office under a local anesthetic. 

Dr. Ed Domanskis

Edward J. Domanskis, M.D., FACS - View Other Answers by this Doctor
Newport Beach, CA


There is no specialization in ear lobe reduction.

Any plastic surgeon who has dine a face lift or ear surgery should be qualified to do the procedure of ear lobe reudction.

The ear lobe can be reduced in the vertical or horizontal direction or both. Attention to details is iportant and conserving the normal anatomy is important.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2017 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.