Jason Roostaeian, MD [Co-Chair]
Spencer Cochran, MD
Jon Kurkjian, MD
Rod Rohrich, MD
Dino Elyassnia, MD
Aaron Kosins, MD
Dean Toriumi, MD
|All times are noted in CST
9:00am Introduction: Jason Roostaeian, MD
Session 1: Optimizing Dorsal Aesthetics: To Preserve or Not to Preserve?
9:06am - Live Lecture: Structural and Precision Approaches to the Nasal Dorsum - Rod Rohrich, MD
9:17am - Operative Video: Obtaining Natural Results with Spreader Grafts - Spencer Cochran, MD
9:27am - Recorded Lecture: Approaches to Dorsal Preservation - Aaron Kosins, MD
9:37am - Recorded Lecture: How and Why I Switched to Dorsal Preservation - Dean Toriumi, MD
9:52am - Discussion Panel (Cochran, Elyassnia, Kosins, Rohrich, Roostaeian, Toriumi)
- Spreader Flaps versus Spreader Grafts
- Approaches to Cartilage Preservation
- Bony Preservation, Where and When?
Session 2: Approaches to Tip Support and Contouring
10:08am - Live Lecture: Preservation of Pitanguy’s Ligament and Tip Support - Dino Elyassnia, MD
10:18am - Operative Video: Controlling the Tip: Grafts, Sutures, and Pitanguy Restoration - Aaron Kosins, MD
10:28am - Live Lecture: Why I went from Columellar Struts to Septal Extension Grafts - Rod Rohrich, MD
10:38am - Discussion Panel – (Cochran, Elyassnia, Kosins, Rohrich, Roostaeian)
- Are Structural Grafts Needed to Control the Tip?
- Best Ways to Control Projection
- Can Closed Rhinoplasty Really be as Precise as Open?
Session 3: Variations in Rhinoplasty
10:59am - Live Lecture: Nasal Fillers Done Right - Jon Kurkjian, MD
11:09am - Recorded Lecture: Nasal Skin Management in Rhinoplasty - Aaron Kosins, MD
11:19am - Operative Video: My Approach to the Alar Base - Dean Toriumi, MD
11:29am - Discussion Panel – (Rohrich, Roostaeian, Elyassnia, Kosins, Cochran)
- Doing Fillers in Revisions, Is it Safe?
- Best Approaches to Thick Skin
- Tissue Augmentation in Rhinoplasty
11:49am - Closing Panel: Future Directions in Rhinoplasty – ALL FACULTY
- Structural Precision versus Preservation: Pros and Cons
- Best Practices for Nasal Osteotomies
- Straightening the Crooked Nose, Is it About the Septum or the Dorsum?
12:12pm End this Session
- Review and discuss the latest techniques and safety protocol in rhinoplasty
- Outline the advantages of structural versus preservation rhinoplasty
- Address the differences between Open and Closed techniques
- Review current approaches to tip support
- Outline the most up-to-date approaches to nasal fillers, managing the skin, and straightening the crooked nose