Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Face restoration


I have wrinkle damage from 33 yrs of smoking and the left side of my face has wrinkles from sun damage. I worked 3-11 shift in post op recovery 23 yrs and drove 15 miles daily at 2pm sun was out of the west on my left side think my right side looks ok for age 79. Still young at heart, what can I do?



 At 79 years of age start with your primary care physician or cardiologist. Make it is safe to have any type of surgical procedure by obtaining cardio-pulmonary clearance. Then, consider a consult with one of the many members of the ASAPS. You may require a deep chemical peel or laser resurfacing. Both these procedures typically require preparation of your skin for the best outcome.


Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.