Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Is female to male breast surgery possible?


I want to have my breasts removed and formed more into that of a males’ chest. Is this possible?




 Yes, these types of procedures are performed by what are called transgender surgeons. Our practice can provide this service but, you may want to find a surgeon closer to your area ( ). Best,


Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS


To remove the female breast and convert your chest to that of a male generally requires, within a transgender program, going through a full psychologic evaluation and cross-living as a male for some time, generally by binding the breasts and hormone modification. Dr. Culbertson has provided resources.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.