Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

What is your recommendation for Diastasis Recti Abdominis in a 39 yr old man?


My Husband has just been told that he has Diastasis Recti by his osteopath. He is a 39 year old man who suffers from Colitis and hemorrhoids and is currently on steroids. He also had Bilori or something I can't remember all the names but I just wanted to know what can be done for him. Would he need surgery and if so how and what is the procedure? I'm very concerned about his health and would appreciate any advise and help. Thank you


Diastasis Recti is a seperation of the rectus muscles of the abdominal wall. It causes a bulge in the abdomen. There is no health issues with Diastasis Recti. A good examination to make sure there is no hernia is needed. Correction is surgical repair of the abdominal wall. However, your husband has other medical issues to need steroids, these medical issues need to be addressed before contemplating an elective surgery.

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.