Submit your question below about any cosmetic procedure to be considered for posting with an answer from one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.

If your question is about the cost of a procedure, click here. For referral to a qualified surgeon in your area, see find a surgeon.

Note: ASAPS cannot give advice about specific medical problems nor should answers provided by responding surgeons be substituted for a complete medical history, work-up and an in-personal medical/surgical consultation. Sorry we can't answer all questions. We try to select questions that have the widest general interest.

Reconstructive Surgery for Craniosynostosis


I was born with Craniosynostosis. I have undergone at least 4 surgeries to fix this (2 of which were reconstructive as a teenager). I would like to see if there is anything else that could be done to make my face more symmetrical, if it's even possible.



 You have been through allot. Yes, technology has gotten much better. There are some new things available. Fat Grafting to your face may be of assistance. Some examples of this technique utilized in facial rejuvenation can be found at Look at the section MACS Face Lift/ Fat Grafting.

 If this is what you had in mind then, seek out an ASAPS Member in your local area familiar with Fat Grafting to the face. It can be a powerful tool for corrective plastic surgery. Best,


Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Related Questions

Copyright © 2009-2012 ASAPS. All Rights Reserved.