Sunday, April 14
1:30pm – 4:30pm
3-Hour Courses - 3 CME credits per course
401/501 Liposuction 2013: New Technologies, Established Techniques, and Combined Procedures
3 CME credits
Discounted pre-registration fee: $200 On-site fee: $250
Gerald Pitman, MD, David Stoker, MD, Christopher Chia, MD, Spero Theodorou, MD and Alfredo Hoyos, MD
Level: Comprehensive Organization: Didactic
Comprehensive Liposuction will cover the broad range of liposuction from fundamentals to advanced techniques.
- Planning and performing liposuction safely and efficiently.
- Alternative routines to optimally treat a broad variety of patients.
- Utilization of local anesthesia for rapid recovery and increased patient satisfaction.
- Evaluation of clinical characteristics associated with increased risk.
- mitigation and avoidance of risk,
- treating complications.
- Comparison of established and newer techniques: traditional liposuction, power assisted (PAL), ultrasound assisted (Vaser), laser assisted (SmartLipo), radiofrequency assisted (Body-Tite), and water assisted liposuction (Hydrasolve).
- Efficient use of liposuction with adjunctive procedures for skin and fascial tightening.
- Advanced techniques to treat difficult body areas:
- Use of Vaser for high definition liposculpture to improve results on the abdomen and circumferential torso,
- Successful, safe sculpting of calves and ankles,
- Liposuction of arms with heat producing devices to increase shrinkage and avoid brachioplasty,
- Sophisticated treatment of gynecomastia.