Monday, April 15
2:00pm – 6:30pm
4-Hour Courses – 4 CME credits per course
603/703 The Surgical Nuances of Form Stable Breast Implants
4 CME credits
Discounted pre-registration fee: $250 On-site fee: $300
Jeffrey Kenkel, MD,
William P. Adams, Jr., MD,
Steven Teitelbaum, MD,
Caroline Glicksman, MD, and Patricia McGuire, MD
Level: Comprehensive Organization: Didactic
This course is designed to educate participants about the nuances of using shaped silicone as compared to round silicone breast implants. The faculty will review the importance of proper patient selection and tips on managing their expectations. Topics covered will include pre-surgical, operative and post-surgical points designed to achieve safe and optimal outcomes. Included will be a review of:
- Pre-operative measurements leading to proper implant selection
- Guidelines on pocket dissection and implant insertion
- Post-operative care instructions
Upon completion of this course, users should be able to:
- Identify patients for whom shaped silicone implants would be a good choice.
- Describe the pre-operative measurements and markings that will assist in the surgical procedure to ensure a good outcome.
- Determine ideal pocket dissection techniques for a vanity of implant insertion options.
- List key post-operative care instructions which patients can follow to help ensure an optimal outcome