The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) has implemented a Candidate Program to assist qualified plastic surgeons with their aesthetic surgery education while introducing them to the Society and its programs. Regardless of what portions of your professional efforts are initially devoted to cosmetic surgery, you will most likely have an interest in expanding this part of your practice as your career advances. Click here to download ASAPS Candidate Program Brochure
ASAPS is the leading organization of board-certified plastic surgeons specializing in cosmetic surgery of the face and body. As the only plastic surgery organization exclusively concerned with the education of aesthetic plastic surgeons, ASAPS offers many programs and services that can assist you. ASAPS recognizes its obligation to make its expanding educational and support services available to the broader community of plastic surgeons.
The Candidate Program provides nonmember plastic surgeons the opportunity for substantial economic savings on ASAPS-sponsored continuing education meetings and other services to benefit your practice.
This program has been very successful and there are now hundreds of plastic surgeons enrolled. We invite you to participate in the six-year ASAPS Candidate Program.
The $260 annual fee for the six-year Candidate Program is a small investment for the opportunity for continued educational focus in aesthetic surgery. Please note that Candidate status is NOT a membership classification and does not entitle the candidate to display the ASAPS logo.
ASAPS encourages candidates who meet membership requirements to apply for Active Membership.
Requirements for Enrollment
The only requirement for achieving ASAPS candidate status is that the surgeon is board certified or board‐admissible with The American Board of Plastic Surgery or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. No sponsorship is needed. Candidate status is not a membership category and does not entitle the candidate to display the ASAPS logo. A $260 annual fee is submitted with an enrollment form.
As an ASAPS candidate, you are eligible for:
- 25% discount on guest surgeon registration on any ASAPS annual meeting during the six-year candidacy period (a savings of over $200 per meeting)
- Candidate discounts on selected Aesthetic Society programs, products, and services such as patient education brochures, slide presentations for practice marketing, videotapes, and other items designed to help build your aesthetic practice
- Access to RADAR Resource on the AnzuMedical App (for iPad 2 or newer)
- Complimentary online subscription to "Aesthetic Society News"
- Opportunities for networking and visibility among your peers
- Opportunities to attend exclusive social and educational events during the ASAPS annual meeting
- NEW: Online subscription to Aesthetic Surgery Journal
Candidate Enrollment Form/Brochure
Click here to download Candidate Enrollment Form/Brochure
“Practice Issues – Risk Management: How to Avoid Getting into Trouble”
Dr. Robert Singer provides valuable pearls about running your practice, communicating with patients, and ethical advertising practices. View this 15 minute video as a quick refresher appropriate for all Aesthetic Society members or those wishing to apply for membership.
Click here to view presentation
Do you have feedback you would like to provide about this presentation? Click here
Video developed under the auspices of the ASAPS New Member Committee.